Library of Congress Buildings – Performed energy audits at the three Library of Congress buildings (the Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and James Madison Buildings) identifying more than $30 million in energy efficiency projects.
- Identified and quantified energy conservation measures (ECMs) for mechanical and building automation systems (BAS), following American Library Association and Library of Congress standards for longer-term preservation.
- Developed baseline energy models calibrated to available utility data; quantified ECMs against models.
- Analyzed energy savings using eQUEST, an hour-by-hour building energy simulation tool.
- Delivered project two weeks ahead of schedule.
U.S. Capitol – Performed energy audits focused on optimizing the BAS and conducted a pre-commissioning assessment to identify deficiencies.
- Used Trane TRACE™ 700 simulation software to study feasibility of converting basement to geothermal heat pumps, a renewable energy source.
- Developed a baseline simulation using metered and logged data to reflect current building operation and energy consumption following the Federal Energy Management Program’s M&V Guidelines. Quantified anticipated energy and cost savings by updating model with recommended ECMs.
Senate Office Buildings – Performed energy audit with whole-building simulations using eQUEST.
- Analyzed testing, adjusting and balancing (TAB) implementation and BAS upgrades.
- Developed a baseline model from metered and logged data to reflect current building operation and energy consumption. Quantified anticipated energy and cost savings by updating model with recommended ECMs.
ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES – U.S. Capitol & Senate Office Buildings
- Provided engineering design services for electrical system upgrades at the U.S. Capitol and for electrical and TAB ECMs at Senate Office Buildings.
- Performed peer review of drawings developed for BAS optimization, ensuring that the intent of the ECMs was preserved.
- Served as general contractor’s commissioning representative during development of functional performance tests.