Built in 1855, Bicentennial Hall has served many functions over the years. It has been a Civil War-era hospital, a library, and an educational space. It now hosts conferences, dinners, seminars, and provides a new home for two carved stone relief panels—one a 3,000-year-old original and one a reproduction—from an ancient Assyrian Temple.
This adaptive reuse and renovation project turned a classroom into a flexible meeting room and gallery space. 2RW’s services included MEP design for:
The new HVAC systems and lighting meet 21st-century museum standards without compromising the historic fabric of the building.
OWNER: Virginia Theological Society (VTS)
TIMEFRAME: 2018 – 2019
SIZE: 1,500 SF
2021 – Award of Merit in Historic Architecture, AIA NOVA