Entry-level Electrical Engineer (EE)
Entry-level Electrical Engineer (EE) – Make a difference. Shape your future. Have a great time doing it.
Are you an EE who wants to be part of the climate-change solution? Are you interested in designing mechanical systems for energy-efficient buildings? Do you want to work with interesting clients and expand your technical expertise and knowledge in the architecture and engineering (A/E) world? If so, this position is for you!
Starting on day one, you will be a contributing member of our team. You will work with innovative, experienced engineers to design and renovate a wide range of building types at public and private schools, prominent universities, federal agencies, museums, municipalities, arts and cultural organizations, and historic sites in DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland.
Who is 2RW?
2RW is a dynamic mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering firm that specializes in designing energy-efficient buildings for clients in many markets. Our small-office environment and focus on hiring the best and brightest in the industry give the company the dynamic feel of a startup with the backing of 35 years of business experience. We are focused on the future and want to influence positive change in our environment and our communities. We pursue interesting projects in which we can help our clients excel while providing exceptional growth experiences for our engineers. Our projects have won numerous awards for energy efficiency, sustainable design features, and outstanding architecture and engineering.
Enjoy the convenience of working in the DC Metro area with a short walk to the Dunn Loring Metro Station. You will be minutes from great restaurants, shopping, and entertainment with access to an in-house café on the days you do not want to venture out.
- Be a part of the climate-change solution!
- Explore your professional passions.
- Design electrical systems for LEED, Net Zero, WELL, and other high-performance buildings.
- Break the engineering mold with a focus on excellent communication and client service.
- Learn from talented, experienced mentors.
- Become a valued, empowered contributor on day one, not a cog in a big-company wheel.
- Get your EIT, PE, LEED, or other certifications to boost your career.
Become a building information modeling (Revit) expert.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, small-office environment with the perks, clients, and projects of an established firm.
- Escape from the office with day trips to collaborate with clients and visit building sites.
- Be part of a team that works hard and has fun doing it.
- Meet like-minded people and share experiences like axe-throwing, Nats/Caps games, happy hours, and even a ping-pong table in the office!
- Design your own career, don’t just take a “job”.
- Get competitive pay, banked PTO, a Simple IRA with up to 3% company match – and, employees pay $0 monthly health insurance premiums!!
- EE BS degree from an ABET-accredited college.
- EIT preferred.
- Desire to constantly innovate processes and ask questions.
- CAD/REVIT basic knowledge is preferred required.
- Desire to manage small renovation projects a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, advanced knowledge a plus.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to coordinate and work well with others.
- Be able to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines concurrently.
- Must be willing to go to construction sites.
If you want to work with great people, design your own career, and make an impact right away, apply today! We will reply within 24 hours. Please submit a cover letter and resume in the “Apply” area in the right-hand column of this page. We are ready to hire the right candidate right away!