BIM/CAD Coordinator – Make a difference. Shape your future. Have a great time doing it.
Are you a BIM/CAD coordinator who wants to be part of the climate-change solution? Do you want to work with interesting clients and expand your technical expertise and knowledge in the architecture and engineering (A/E) world? If so, this position is for you!
Starting on day one, you will be a contributing member of our team. You will collaborate on a wide range of building types at public and private schools, prominent universities, federal agencies, museums, municipalities, arts and cultural organizations, and historic sites throughout Virginia, DC, and Maryland.
WHO IS 2RW?
2RW is a dynamic mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering firm that specializes in designing energy-efficient buildings for clients in many markets. Our small-office environment and focus on hiring the best and brightest in the industry give the company the dynamic feel of a startup with the backing of 34 years of business experience. We’re focused on the future and want to influence positive change in our environment and our communities. We pursue interesting projects in which we can help our clients excel and provide exceptional growth experiences for our engineers. Our projects have won numerous awards for exceeding clients’ energy-saving goals.
Enjoy the convenience of working in the heart of Charlottesville or the DC Metro Area.
2RWs Charlottesville office is a two-minute walk to the historic downtown mall and Sprint Pavilion. Enjoy great restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The DC office is a short walk to the Dunn Loring Metro Station. You will be minutes from great restaurants, shopping, and entertainment with access to an in-house café on the days you do not want to venture out.
As BIM/CAD coordinator, you will be responsible for helping project teams implement building information models (BIM) to support all phases of modeling/detailing for project estimating, development, and execution. The coordinator is knowledgeable about the latest approaches in the field and drives the implementation of these technologies on all-scale design projects. Utilizing the current software (Revit, AutoCAD) the coordinator will provide a consistent and quality electronic base to facilitate and expedite engineering design and prepare and revise construction documents under the direction of the project manager, engineers, and BIM/CAD manager. 2RW is committed to Revit and the full integration of Revit and BIM modeling as the future of building designs. We are excited for the future of Revit and the opportunities it brings to the design and construction industry. 2RW is looking for a team member that is ambitious, detail oriented, and excited to have input and influence on Revit standards and strategies.
- Maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of all day-to-day BIM/CAD production activities and responsibilities.
- Work closely with BIM manager, project managers, and engineers.
- Help combine multi-discipline models, including but not limited to architectural, structural, and MEP/FP models.
- Help review and incorporate all changes from models as they are received.
- Model engineered systems (e.g., fire protection, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical) based on engineers’ mark-ups and direction.
- Provide QA/QC reviews of project production and graphic deliverable.
- Meet the allocated hours for each task, phase, and/or project.
- Assist in training new and junior employees in good production practices and 2RW standards.
- Continually improve technical skills and knowledge through training and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Minimum of 5 years of modeling and drafting experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years Revit experience; multi-disciplines a plus.
- Must be able to communicate, coordinate, and work well with others.
- Attention to detail and consistent procedures.