Responsible for helping project teams implement building information models (BIM) to support all phases of modeling/detailing for project estimating, development, and execution. The coordinator is knowledgeable about the latest approaches in the field and drives the implementation of these technologies on all-scale design projects. Utilizing the current software (Revit, AutoCAD) the coordinator will provide a consistent and quality electronic base to facilitate and expedite engineering design and prepare and revise construction documents under the direction of the project manager, engineers, and BIM/CAD manager.
- Maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of all day-to-day BIM/CAD production activities and responsibilities.
- Work closely with BIM manager, project managers, and engineers.
- Help combine multi-discipline models, including but not limited to architectural, structural, and MEP/FP models.
- Help review and incorporate all changes from models as they are received.
- Model engineered systems (e.g., fire protection, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical) based on engineers’ mark-ups and direction.
- Provide QA/QC reviews of project production and graphic deliverable.
- Meet the allocated hours for each task, phase, and/or project.
- Assist in training new and junior employees in good production practices and 2RW standards.
- Continually improve technical skills and knowledge through training and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Minimum of 5 years of modeling and drafting experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years Revit experience; multi-disciplines a plus.
- Must be able to communicate, coordinate, and work well with others.
- Attention to detail and consistent procedures.