Plumbing/Piping/Fire Protection Design Engineer
2RW is seeking an individual to perform duties and lead projects under the coaching of 2RW principal and Mechanical PE peers. The successful candidate will be one who can be counted on to maintain a positive work balance in an active building design environment, while supporting company core values at all times. Must have excellent problem-solving and communication skills with the ability and ambition to learn on the job.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will:
- Manage design staff.
- Perform field work.
- Lead plumbing systems design.
- Conduct client/staff meetings.
- Lead construction administration.
- Work with senior engineers to efficiently produce system designs in 3-D Revit models and construction documents.
- Support senior engineers in fundamental design applications.
- Support senior engineers for project load analysis and engineering calculations.
- Adhere to firm-wide design/modeling standards.
- Practice continuous Quality Assurance with project teams to maintain engineering design and BIM quality and fidelity.
- Be available to meet all deadlines.
- Bachelors or Masters degree.
- 7-10 years design experience.
- Highly motivated to progress in career.
- Worked with construction trades on site and/or in FPME professional engineering office.
- Working knowledge of building plumbing system calculations/design (sanitary, storm, water supply, gas, fuel oil). Health care a plus.
- Ability to provide direction to junior engineers and delegate tasks.
- People/client mgmt skills.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit/AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Trace 700 or equivalent load analysis software.
- 1+ years of experience performing HVAC and piping systems design.
- Follow company BIM/CAD standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficient with Bluebeam and/or Adobe PDF, MS Office, and other industry-specific software applications.
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.