Project Manager/Mechanical Design Engineer
2RW is seeking a Project Manager for HVAC and piping design to lead/manage all aspects of project design. The successful candidate will be one who can be counted on to maintain a positive work balance in an active building design environment, while supporting company core values at all times. Must have excellent problem-solving and communication skills with the ability and ambition to learn on the job.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will:
- Lead manage all aspects of project design–HVAC systems calculations, layouts, design considerations and techniques
- Lead coordination amoung FPME disciplines.
- Prepare specifications.
- Manage design staff.
- Adhere to firm-wide design/modeling standards.
- Practice continuous Quality Assurance with project teams to maintain engineering design and BIM quality and fidelity.
- Be available to meet all deadlines.
- Bachelors or Masters degree.
- 7-10 years design experience.
- Working knowledge of building mechanical system calculations.
- Ability to provide direction to junior engineers and delegate tasks.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit/AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Trace 700 or equivalent load analysis software.
- 1+ years of experience performing HVAC and piping systems design.
- Follow company BIM/CAD standards.
- Hands-on experience with an MEP or similar firm involved in commercial market.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficient with Bluebeam and/or Adobe PDF, MS Office, and other industry-specific software applications.
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.