Energy Modeler/Utility Allowance Technician
Responsible for providing technical and administrative support for utility allowance services, including energy modeling. Energy Modeler (Utility Allowances) will gather and enter utility rate information into our web-based utility allowance tools, assist with regulatory documentation, identify and quantify building systems and components from drawings, aid with input and management of our building databases, and follow up on client questions. Opportunities for growth within the department and the company are also available.
Ideal Candidate Capabilities
- Able to work full time and maintain a consistent work schedule
- Conscientious and committed to accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to learn quickly about utility rate structures and the UApro and UApro+ web tools
- Experience with energy modeling software (BEopt and/or EnergyPro preferred)
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel, databases, and internet research
- Proficient in Microsoft Word with strong technical writing skills
- Willing to make phone calls to utility companies, clients, and regulatory agencies
- Familiar with data analysis and statistical regressions (preferred)
- Knowledgeable of building systems and engineering principles
- Willing to travel to conduct field observations and measurements of building systems
Desired Education and Experience
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to an Associate’s Degree in Engineering or Energy Science.
Desired Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate for this position has the following skills and abilities:
- Accounting/mathematics skills: Able to perform arithmetic, algebraic, and statistical operations. Can apply economic and accounting principles and practices to analyze data and report results.
- Computer fluency: Comfortable with using a computer for word processing, spreadsheet calculations, email, and internet research.
- Attention to detail: High standards for accuracy and quality control.
- Clear communication: Listens to and understand directions, information, and ideas presented verbally and in writing. Willing and able to communicate effectively and professionally through phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings.
- Professional interpersonal relationships: Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with other employees, clients, regulators, and partners. Handles inquiries, complaints from, or disputes with clients and/or staff with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent time management: Plans and organizes daily work routine. Establishes priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time-management methodology.
- Logical decision-making: Uses logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate situations. Makes appropriate decisions and exercises sound judgment.
Based on selected applicant’s experience and education