Energy Business Development Coordinator
Supports 2RW’s Energy business development (BD) team by developing and managing BD proposals, materials, activities, and processes. Helps increase the amount of new project work the Energy division wins.
- Review online lead/RFP sources on a daily and/or weekly basis (as applicable) to identify relevant business opportunities and share with appropriate BD representatives.
- Track all relevant business opportunities from lead stage through contract award.
- Under the direction of the Energy sales director and working closely with the 2RW marketing team help create all Energy division business proposals and qualification submissions (“submittals”). This includes researching, organizing, writing, and/or editing content, as relevant, with input from the
sales director, BD staff, and subject matter experts (i.e., project managers and engineers). This may also include designing and/or editing proposals using Adobe InDesign.
- Research the Energy division’s clients, prospects, and markets to understand their needs and translate findings into compelling submittal content.
- Develop and drive submittal production schedules, hold proposal team accountable for deadlines, and ensure that submittals are shipped and delivered on time.
- Maintain consistency, accuracy, and organization of the Energy division’s BD digital assets (i.e., proposals, proposal source materials, contact data) utilizing a designated document management system.
- Document and continually evaluate and enhance all applicable BD processes and procedures.
- Maintain and update contact information for Energy division business contacts (i.e., clients, prospects, and sub-consultants) using designated CRM system.
- Help the 2RW Marketing team develop Energy division BD collateral, as needed.
- Maintain and update sub-consultant staffing rosters, rate schedules, contacts, and legal agreement templates.
- Participate in regular Energy division BD strategy and planning meetings.
- Understand 2RW’s overall and Energy BD and marketing strategies.
- Interview staff and research clients and industry sources to understand 2RW’s markets, strengths,opportunities, and differentiators.
- Collect, input, manage, and report on sales and marketing data and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manage the Energy division’s BD industry event calendar and serve as primary point of contact for industry events and exhibit registration and setup.
- Update job knowledge by identifying and attending educational seminars, classes, webinars, etc.; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain required certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of experience in business development and/or marketing at a business-to-business (B2B) professional services firm or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in the A/E/C industry is a plus.
- Understands business development and marketing strategy, processes, and challenges.
- Excellent writing, editing, and information-design skills.
- Experience writing effective, compelling proposals and marketing materials (e.g., project cut sheets, case studies, firm overviews, bios, resumes, web content, and value statements) from scratch.
- Enjoys working with and analyzing data.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable with Adobe InDesign and CRM tools.
- Is extremely comfortable using technology and enjoys learning new tools.
- Internally driven, self-motivated, and passionate about quality.
2+ years BD, and/or marketing at a B2B firm. AEC industry experience a plus.